Roast Apple and Parsnip Salad with Ballymaloe Beetroot and Feta
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Dairy
This Irish fruit and root veg salad with apple, parsnip and Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot is a real rustic beauty. Another terrific family-style dish. A simply delicious salad that would work beautifully with a BBQ’d spatchcock chicken. A wonderful Summer Celebratory Salad.
- 4x parsnips
- 2 large eating apples
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 100g Crumbled feta
- 50g Ballymaloe diced Irish Beetroot drained
- 75g Ballymaloe sliced Irish Beetroot drained
- 40g Toasted salted pumpkin seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Half a lemon
- Local honey
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Contains Dairy
- Peel the parsnips and cut in half keeping the tapered end whole if very slim. Cut the remainder into 1” batons. Place in a bowl and toss in 1 large tablespoon of olive oil and the rosemary sprigs.
- Place on a parchment lined tray and season. Roast in a preheated oven at 220* for 15/25 mins until cooked and golden. Remember to turn halfway.
- Cut the apples in half and then quarters, carefully remove the core and cut each quarter into 2 slices. Place in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place on a parchment lined tray. And bake at 230* for 10/20 mins or until golden on the edges. Turn carefully using a palette knife and continue to cook until golden. Remove from oven.
- Taking a large serving platter, scatter over the base the roasted parsnips. Intermittently place the roasted apple wedges. Position the two types of Beetroot in-between the apple and parsnip. Crumble over the feta.
- Then finish with toasted pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, sprinkling of sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and finish with a delicious drizzle of local honey
- Eat and enjoy every delicious mouthful.