Roast Apple & Parsnip Salad with Feta and Ballymaloe Diced & Sliced Irish Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes - Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Dairy
With apple, parsnip, feta and Ballymaloe Diced & Sliced Irish Beetroot, this superb salad is a real rustic beauty, and the perfect dish to serve as summer falls into autumn. For a gamier flavour later in the year, add some roast pheasant or partridge but keep it light and bright during the summer – and let those lovely veggies shine!
- 4 parsnips
- 2 large apples
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 100g Feta (crumbled)
- 50g Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- 75g Ballymaloe Sliced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- 40g pumpkin seeds (toasted & salted)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Contains Dairy
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Peel the parsnips and cut them in half, keeping the tapered end whole if very slim. Cut the remainder into 1 inch batons. Place in a bowl and toss in a tablespoon of olive oil and the rosemary sprigs.
- Place on a parchment-lined tray and season. then roast for 15-25 minutes until golden, remembering to turn them halfway through. Turn your oven up to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
- Cut the apples in half and half again, then carefully remove the core and cut each quarter into two slices. Place in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place on a parchment-lined tray and bake for 10 minutes. Turn carefully using a palette knife and continue to cook until golden, then remove from the oven.
- Use a large serving platter and scatter the roasted parsnips over the base, before adding the roasted apple wedges and both sliced and diced Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot. Crumble the Feta on top.
- Finish with toasted pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, a sprinkling of sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper and a delicious drizzle of honey.