Black Pudding, Beef & Ballymaloe Beetroot Salad
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Eggs
This simple and filling salad with black pudding, beef and Ballymaloe Sliced Irish Beetroot is sure to impress., showcasing standout flavours.
- 2 sirloin / fillet steaks
- 200g Clonakilty black pudding (cut into 8 slices)
- 150g Ballymaloe Sliced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- 100g mixed leaves
- Sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper
- Ballymaloe Honey & Mustard Dressing
- 4 tbsp Ballymaloe Mayo, mixed with 1 tbsp grated horseradish (or 2 crushed garlic cloves)
- Contains mustard
- Not suitable for vegetarians
- Contains egg
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or grill pan until smoking. Rub a spoon of extra virgin olive oil on to the steaks and season well with sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper.
- Pop onto the smoking pan and cook to your preference on both sides, then allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a clean pan (gentle to medium heat), pop in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, before adding in the black pudding. Turn to cook both sides and, once fully cooked, set aside.
- Toss the mixed leaves in a clean bowl with a generous drizzle of Ballymaloe Honey & Mustard Dressing.
- Mix the Ballymaloe Mayo with the horseradish (or garlic cloves), then spread liberally on the base of a large plate.
- Cover with mixed leaves and then add your drained beetroot slices.
- Slice the steak, season generously then place haphazardly on the plate. Break the cooked pudding slices in half and pop on top.
- Eat immediately and bring a healthy appetite with you!