Black Pudding, Beef and Ballymaloe Beetroot Salad
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Contains eggs
This simple and filling salad with Black Pudding, Beef, and Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot, is sure to impress all of your guests. Every bite is tastier than the last. It is a beautiful Irish Salad that showcases some signature flavours that win every time.
- 2x Sirloin/ fillet Steak
- Freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt
- 200g Clonakilty Black pudding cut into 8 slices
- 100g Mixed leaves
- 150g Ballymaloe Beetroot slices drained
- Ballymaloe Honey and Mustard Dressing
- 4 tbsp. Ballymaloe Mayo mixed with 1 tbsp. Grated horseradish (can use 2 crushed garlic cloves)
- Contains mustard
- Not suitable for vegetarians
- Contains egg
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or grill pan until smoking.
- Rub a spoon of extra virgin olive oil onto the steaks and season well with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Pop onto the smoking pan and cook to your preference on both sides.
- Allow to rest for at least 5 mins before slicing.
- In a clean pan add a tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and toss in the pudding, cook on a gentle to medium heat and turn to cook both sides. Once fully cooked set aside for a moment.
- Toss the leaves in a clean bowl with a generous drizzle of Ballymaloe Honey and Mustard dressing
- Take a large plate and spread the horseradish mayo liberally on the base. Top with dressed leaves.
- Place the drained Ballymaloe beets haphazardly around the plate.
- Slice the steak and season generously then place haphazardly on the plate. Break the cooked pudding slices in half and place near the steak slices.
- Send to the table immediately and enjoy.