Spiced Butternut Squash, Avocado and Hazelnut Salad with Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing
- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: contains mustard
This colorful salad is delicious on its own or under a freshly roasted chicken. You decide!
This recipe is courtesy of Roberta Harrington.
- 1 Butternut squash
- Half teaspoon medium curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp dried rosemary (or half teaspoon of freshly chopped).
- Black pepper
- 3 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 16 cherry tomatoes halved (season with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and sugar).
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup toasted, skinned roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 250g mixed leaves
- 4 tbsp. Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Preheat oven to 200*.
- In a large bowl mix the honey, rapeseed oil, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Chop the squash into 1” cubes leaving the skin on. Add to the bowl and toss in the flavored oil to coat evenly. Place on a roasting tray and roast for 45minutes or until fully cooked and golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Prepare the avocados, half, stone, peel, and slice. Toss in a drizzle of Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing to prevent discoloration.
- Dress the leaves with Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing.
- Then begin to assemble. Place the dressed leaves on the base, top with the halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkle over the hazelnuts, scatter the roasted squash, sliced avocado.
- Finish with a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and then a generous drizzle of Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing.
- Dig in!