Spiced Butternut Squash, Avocado & Hazelnut Salad with Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing
- Cooking Time: 1 hour - Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Mustard
This vibrant salad is delicious on its own, or served with freshly-roasted chicken. The spicy yet sweet butternut squash, creamy avocado and earthy hazelnuts are a match made in salad heaven – all brought together with a generous drizzle of Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing. C’est magnifique! This recipe comes courtesy of Roberta Harrington.
- 1 butternut squash
- ½ tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried rosemary (or ½ tsp freshly chopped)
- Salt & black pepper
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 16 cherry tomatoes (halved & seasoned with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and sugar)
- 2 large avocados
- 115g hazelnuts (toasted, skinned & roughly chopped)
- 250g mixed leaves
- Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl mix the honey, rapeseed oil, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, rosemary and salt & pepper to taste and mix well.
- Chop the butternut squash into 1” cubes, leaving the skin on. Add to the bowl and toss in the flavoured oil to coat evenly. Place on a roasting tray and roast for 45 minutes or until fully cooked and golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Prepare the avocados: carefully halve, destone, peel and slice. Toss in a drizzle of Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing to prevent discoloration.
- Dress the leaves with Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing, then begin to assemble your salad.
- Place the dressed leaves on the base, top with the halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with the hazelnuts, then scatter the roasted squash and sliced avocado on top.
- Finish with a few grinds of freshly-cracked black pepper and a generous drizzle of Ballymaloe Classic French Dressing.