Roast Leg of Lamb with Ballymaloe Mint Jelly
- Cooking Time: 60-90 minutes (depending on how pink you like your lamb)
- Serves: 4 / 6
- Allergens: if using roux-dairy and wheat
Mint and lamb have always gone together and Ballymaloe Mint Jelly is the perfect accompaniment for rack of lamb. With only four ingredients, it’s as natural as food comes and it’s just right for balancing with rich gravy and juices. Always allow the meat to rest for a little before serving as this enriches the flavour and texture.
- 1 leg of lamb
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Gravy roux (optional)
- Ballymaloe Mint Jelly
- No Artificial Additives
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4
- With the point of a sharp knife or skewer, make deep holes all over the lamb, about 2.5cm (1 inch) apart. Divide the rosemary sprigs into tufts of rosemary and slot into each hole in the lamb.
- Sprinkle the joint with salt and pepper and put into a roasting tin in the oven.
- Cook for at least an hour for rare, 1 ½ hours for medium and 1 ¾ hours for well done.
- Remove the joint and place on a serving dish, allowing it to rest while you make the gravy.
- Serve with Ballymaloe Mint Jelly.