Roast Leg of Lamb with Ballymaloe Mint Jelly
- Cooking Time: 60-90 minutes (depending on how pink you like your lamb) - Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Serves: 4-6
- Allergens: Dairy, wheat (only if using a roux)
Mint and lamb have always gone together and Ballymaloe Mint Jelly is the perfect accompaniment for a rack of lamb. Made with only four ingredients, our mint jelly is as natural as food comes and it’s just right for balancing out rich gravy and juices. Always allow the meat to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving, as this enriches the flavour and texture.
- 1 leg of lamb
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Salt & freshly-ground pepper
- Ballymaloe Mint Jelly
- Gravy roux (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- With the point of a sharp knife or skewer, make deep holes all over the lamb, about 2.5cm (1 inch) apart. Divide the rosemary sprigs into tufts of rosemary and slot into each hole in the lamb.
- Sprinkle the joint with salt & pepper and put in a roasting tin in the oven.
- Cook for at least an hour for rare, 1 ½ hours for medium and 1 ¾ hours for well done.
- Remove the joint and place on a serving dish, allowing it to rest while you make your gravy of choice.
- Serve with Ballymaloe Mint Jelly.