Ballymaloe Mint Jelly Lamb Koftas
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: dairy
Lamb koftas fit in neatly to meals with Middle Eastern, Mediterranean or Indian influences. Depending on the herbs or spices used, they can as easily go with hummus or dhal. This recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a fresh taste and the addition of Ballymaloe Mint Jelly gives these koftas a light and herby flavour.
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Mint Jelly
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- No Artificial Additives
- Gluten Free
- For the koftas, mix the Ballymaloe Mint Jelly, spring onion and garlic into the lamb mince, season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Fry off a small piece to taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Season and shape into 12 even-sized cigar shapes before sliding each one onto a wooden skewer.
- Lightly oil each skewer, heat a large frying pan on a medium heat and fry the koftas for 6-8 minutes, turning regularly, until golden and cooked through.