Lamb Koftas with Ballymaloe Mint Jelly
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Dairy
Lamb koftas are a Middle Eastern dish like no other – and can be adapted in so many ways, with the addition of diverse herbs & spices. Serve with Ballymaloe Mint Jelly and hummus or dhal to balance the deep, earthy flavours of the koftas.
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Mint Jelly
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Sea salt & freshly-ground black pepper
- For the koftas, mix the Ballymaloe Mint Jelly, spring onion and garlic into the lamb mince and season with sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper. Fry off a small piece to taste - and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Season and shape into 12 even-sized cigar shapes, before sliding each one onto a lightly-oiled wooden skewer.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat and fry the koftas for 6-8 minutes, turning regularly, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with hummus or dhal and a generous serving of Ballymaloe Mint Jelly on the side.