Steak Tacos with a Crunchy Coriander Salad & Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: None
A gift from the marvellous world of Mexican street food, tacos are versatile and can deliver a great mix of flavours. Basically, you can fill them with anything you like but we’re crazy for this crunchy coriander salad with Ballymaloe Pepper Relish. Its beautiful blend of tomatoes, red peppers and jalapeños are the perfect addition to these steak tacos. Serve with guacamole on the side to complete the taste sensations.
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 250g striploin steak
- Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- 20g coriander
- 180g shredded savoy or purple cabbage
- 2 scallions (halved and cut finely lengthwise)
- ½ small red onion (finely cut into half moons)
- 4 radishes (thinly cut)
- 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
- Marinate the steak in advance with some olive oil, salt & pepper and refrigerate. Allow the steaks to come to room temperature before cooking. Heat a griddle pan until hot and then add the steaks. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side (for medium-rare) depending on thickness.
- When cooked, remove from the pan and allow to stand for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare your salad by mixing the shredded cabbage, scallion, red onion, coriander and radish together.
- Heat the corn tortilla in the oven or in a pan.
- Squeeze lime juice over the salad and a little salt & pepper to taste.
- To assemble the tacos, add the crunchy coriander salad to your taco shells, then the slices of steak and, finally, top with a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Pepper Relish.