Chicken Tacos with Ballymaloe Relish or Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Wheat
Did you know that, in the United States, National Taco Day is celebrated annually on October 4th? Our chicken tacos with home-made pink pickled onions taste good EVERY day of the year so why wait to enjoy them?
- 8-12 soft flour tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp Ballymaloe Pepper Relish or Ballymaloe Relish
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 2 tbsp coriander (freshly chopped)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 tsp pickled jalapeños (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp home-made pink pickled onions (using pink vinegar from a jar of Ballymaloe Diced or Sliced Irish Beetroot)
- Sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper
- To make the pink pickled onions in this recipe, place some finely-sliced red onion into a small jar with a few tablespoons of the pink vinegar from a jar of Ballymaloe Diced or Sliced Irish Beetroot. Leave to pickle for at least 30 minutes before adding to the tacos.
- Place a heavy griddle pan over a medium heat.
- Lay the chicken breast on a chopping board and flatten with your palm. Slice horizontally to butterfly the breast.
- Toss the chicken in a little olive oil, then season the chicken with sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper. Fry the chicken in the griddle pan until completely cooked, turning halfway through. Set aside to rest before slicing.
- Warm the tortillas by placing them on a dry, hot frying pan.
- Once warmed through, fill each tortilla with strips of chicken, slices of avocado and fresh coriander.
- Spoon a dollop of Ballymaloe Pepper Relish or Ballymaloe Relish over each taco and scatter some finely-chopped jalapeños and your home-made pink pickled onions over the top.