Welsh Rarebit with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Contains gluten, Contain dairy, Contains mustard
This moreish, hot open Welsh Rarebit sandwich is everything you need. A light tang of beer from the rich cheesy sauce is the perfect combo for a simple indulgent lunch. We know already that you are going to love this too!
- 30g flour
- 30g butter
- 115ml beer
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. Ballymaloe Steak Sauce
- 120g cheddar cheese
- Pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 slices of bread of your choice
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Contains mustard
- Contain dairy
- Contains gluten
- Pre-heat your grill.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter then add in the flour. Stir to combine and continue stirring as you cook this mixture for 2 minutes. Make sure it does not stick to the bottom of the saucepan!
- Gradually pour in the beer between each addition use a whisk to combine. Whisk vigorously to prevent lumps and until you have a thick but smooth sauce.
- Add in the grated cheese and stir until melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and Ballymaloe steak sauce and a generous pinch of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Toast your bread and butter it well.
- Pile on the delicious cheesy mixture and spread to the edges. Pop-under your preheated grill and cook until browned and bubbling. Remove and served on warmed plates. Enjoy.