Taste Bliss in Every Bite with Ballymaloe Pasta Sauce
Taste Bliss in Every Bite…
Cold and dark evenings call for some delicious comfort food. We’ve created three quick, simple and tasty pasta recipes that are perfect to keep the family happy. Take a look at the videos to see how easy these are to make. Full recipes included below so you can try it out yourself! Get cooking…
430g Irish beef mince
1 carrot (140gr) peeled, diced- half inch dice
120g mushrooms chopped- half inch dice
150g courgette chopped (deseed if large)- half inch dice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 jar of Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce 400g
2 oz of water
8g freshly grated parmesan
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the salt and bring back to the boil then stir in the spaghetti, cook for 4 minutes. Take from the heat and leave the lid on and allow to sit for a further 4 minutes, taste to ensure it is cooked then drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat 1 tbsp of olive and crumble in the Irish beef mince. Cook off the mince fully and set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized saucepan, heat the other tbsp of olive oil and add in the diced carrot, mushroom and courgette, cover and sweat. Heat for ten minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the browned meat. Stir in the Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce and bring to the boil then taste and adjust the seasoning with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Take 4 warm plates and portion out the spaghetti then top each with the delicious tomato veg and mince sauce, sprinkle each with freshly grated parmesan and enjoy.
Creamy Italian Tomato Pappardelle
1 Jar Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce 400g
2 oz of water
Salt and pepper
To serve: 8g freshly grated parmesan and basil leaves for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, once boiling add the salt and bring quickly back to the boil, stir in the pasta and cook for 4 mins. After 4 mins remove from the heat with the lid on and time for a further 4 minutes. Check that the pasta is cooked then drain immediately.
- Empty the contents of the Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce into a medium sized saucepan, pour 2 oz of water into the jar and tighten the lid and shake to dislodge any remnants and add to the saucepan. Heat on a medium heat until bubbling, stir in the cream and adjust seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the warm pappardelle to the sauce and stir to coat fully.
- Serve a portion on a warmed plate and finish with a sprinkle of parmesan and some fresh basil. Supper in minutes!
Spicy Mediterranean Vegetable Tagliatelle
250g of courgette cut into quarter moon dice half a cm thick
100g/ half a red pepper
100g/ half a yellow pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
12g freshly grated parmesan
10 fresh basil leaves
1 Jar of Ballymaloe Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce 400g
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat a large frying pan, toss the chopped courgettes in a bowl with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season well, stir to coat.
- Place the courgettes on the heated frying pan, brown on both sides and ensure not to over crowd the frying pan with courgette as it will stew instead of browning. Remove to a plate, wipe the frying pan clean and heat once again…
- Utilise the same bowl and toss the peppers in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season (salt and pepper)
- Cook the peppers in the heated frying pan until cooked through and with speckles of charring.
- Place a medium sized saucepan on the heat and immediately empty a jar of Ballymaloe Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce into it, pour 4 oz of water into the empty jar and replace the lid, shake to dislodge any delicious trapped sauce and return it to the saucepan. Heat the sauce through and add the cooked courgettes and peppers to the sauce and allow them to mingle while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add in the salt and bring back to the boil then stir in the tagliatelle. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes then allow to rest off the heat for 3 more minutes with the lid on. Always check to see if it is a little al dente then drain.
- Add the tagliatelle to the sauce and toss to coat then served on warmed plates. Finish each plate with freshly grated parmesan and freshly torn basil.
Our Pasta Sauces are available in SuperValu, Dunnes Stores, Tescos, and all Good Food Stores.