Pappardelle with Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: wheat, egg, dairy
A beautifully simple recipe. Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce is packed full of ripe tomatoes, peppers and a careful blend of herbs and a hint of chilli, so it needs little added to make a great pasta dish. This recipe is made richer with the addition of cream. With some grated Parmesan and some fresh basil, you’ll have a dish with all the flavours of Italy, in 15 minutes.
- 250g pappardelle
- 60ml cream
- 1 jar (400g) Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 2 oz water
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan and basil leaves for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add salt. Stir in the pasta and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat with the lid on and time for a further 4 minutes. Check that the pasta is cooked, then drain immediately.
- Empty the contents of the Ballymaloe Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Pour 60ml of water into the jar, tighten the lid and shake to dislodge any remnants, then add them to the saucepan.
- Heat on a medium heat until bubbling, stir in the cream and adjust the seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the warm pappardelle to the sauce and stir to coat fully
- Serve on a warmed plate and finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan and some fresh basil.