Spicy Mediterranean Vegetable Tagliatelle
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 5
- Allergens: wheat, dairy, egg
A very tasty vegetarian pasta dish, with depth of flavour in only 20 minutes. Ballymaloe Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce has been slow cooked and blended so it’s ready to go straight away; no need to do anything other than heat it through. Gently frying the courgettes and peppers in olive oil gives them a lovely texture and they bring colour to the meal. This dish is great with some crusty bread and a glass of wine.
- 250g courgettes (cut into quarter moons, a half cm thick)
- Half a red pepper
- Half a yellow pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250g tagliatelle
- Grated Parmesan
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 jar (400g) Ballymaloe Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- No Artificial Additives
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Heat a large frying pan
- Toss the chopped courgettes in a bowl with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season well, stirring to coat. Fry the courgettes until brown on both sides.
- Take out, leave on a plate, wipe the frying pan. Clean and heat once again.
- Use the same bowl and toss the peppers in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the peppers in the heated frying pan until cooked through and with speckles of charring
- Place a medium-sized saucepan on the heat and immediately empty a jar of Ballymaloe Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce into it. Pour 100ml of water into the empty jar and replace the lid, shaking to dislodge any trapped sauce, and return it to the saucepan
- Heat the sauce through and add the cooked courgettes and peppers, stirring well
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add in the salt and bring back to the boil, then stir in the tagliatelle
- Bring back to the boil again and simmer for 3 minutes then allow to rest off the heat for 3 more minutes with the lid on. Check to see if your pasta is cooked to your liking, then drain
- Add the tagliatelle to the sauce and toss to coat, then served on warmed plates
- Finish each plate with freshly grated Parmesan and freshly torn basil.