The Ballymaloe Pepper Relish Breakfast Burrito
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Wheat, egg, dairy, mustard, sulphites
Wake up to the delicious Ballymaloe Pepper Relish Breakfast Burrito – and start your day with a full stomach and a big smile! With a delicious base of spicy beans and Ballymaloe Pepper Relish, layered with an irresistible combination of chorizo, mince, egg, salsa and avocado – this is a burrito like no other!
- 2 flour tortillas (large)
- 150g chorizo (casing removed & diced)
- 150g minced pork
- 4 free-range eggs (beaten)
- 1 tin refried beans
- 1 avocado (halved & sliced)
- 25g butter
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- ½ small red onion (diced)
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Sea salt & freshly-cracked black pepper
- Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Mix the diced tomatoes and onions with half a teaspoon of Ballymaloe Fiery Relish, a pinch of sea salt & some freshly-cracked black pepper, then set aside.
- In a frying pan, add a splash of olive oil and cook the minced pork. Stir and break up the mince using a wooden spoon. Once fully cooked, add a pinch of salt & pepper, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add in the diced chorizo and allow to cook gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the beaten eggs, then season.
- Using a flat-bottomed wooden spoon, stir the eggs until just cooked, then pop them in a bowl.
- Smother the tortilla wrap with refried beans, then top with Ballymaloe Pepper Relish.
- Pop the chorizo & scrambled eggs in the centre of the tortilla, leaving an inch free all around.
- Top with the pork, sliced avocado and, finally, the salsa.
- Wrap your tortilla up nice and tight, then place in a clean frying pan on a medium to high heat to seal & brown both sides.