Crispy Rosemary Chips with Parmesan and Ballymaloe Truffle Mayo
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 - 4
- Allergens: Dairy
A glass of bubbles served with gourmet fries and lashings of Truffle Mayo is the winning combo for your Christmas party needs. The flavours and decadence in this simple recipe are an absolute crowd pleaser – your guests will be looking for more!
- 1kg Maris Pipers or Rooster potatoes
- Clean vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Sea salt
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 50g finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Ballymaloe Truffle Mayo
- You can peel the potatoes or leave the skin on, but either way, cut them into 1cm-thick batons.
- Plunge the chips into cold water to wash away any starch, changing the water until it runs clear. Drain the chips and put them on a clean tea towel to dry fully.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 140°C.
- Working in batches, fry the chips for 6 minutes, until light golden and cooked through. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Turn the heat up to 180°C.
- Working in batches again, fry the chips for a second time until a rich golden-brown colour is achieved. Drain on clean kitchen paper and immediately season with sea salt and toss with the fresh sprigs of rosemary.
- Put the chips in a warm serving bowl and sprinkle over the grated Parmesan. Serve with lashings of Ballymaloe Truffle Mayo on the side for dunking or dipping.