Chicken Tikka Masala with Ballymaloe Relish
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Dairy, wheat
Probably one of the most well-known and well-loved Indian dishes, Chicken Tikka Masala has a lovely blend of tomatoes with creamy coconut milk. Ballymaloe Relish adds an extra layer to the dish, with our carefully-balanced blend of tomatoes and specially-selected spices. Mild yet moreish, a Chicken Tikka Masala is also a great way to introduce children to the wonders of fusion food!
- 500g boneless and skinless chicken (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 50g butter
- 250g onions (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tin coconut milk (400g)
- 400g Italian chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 tsp curry powder (we recommend a Tandoori blend)
- 3 tbsp Ballymaloe Relish
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Salt & pepper
- Boiled rice (to serve)
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes stirring regularly until the onions have softened.
- Add the chicken pieces and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the tomatoes and curry powder and cook for 5 minutes, before adding the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes with the lid off, then add the Ballymaloe Relish and enough lime juice to taste.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with boiled rice.