Easy Chicken Tikka Masala
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: dairy, wheat
Probably one of the favourite Indian inspired dishes, chicken tikka masala has a lovely blend of tomatoes with creamy coconut milk. Ballymaloe Original Relish adds an extra layer to the dish, with our blend of tomatoes and spices. It’s a great introduction to fusion food for children too.
- 500g Boneless and skinless chicken (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 50g Butter
- 250g Onions (sliced)
- 3 Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1 400g tin of coconut milk
- 1 400g of Italian chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 Teaspoons curry powder (we recommend a Tandoori blend)
- 3 Tablespoons Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Salt and pepper
- Boiled rice (to serve)
- No Artificial Additives
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes stirring regularly until the onions have softened.
- Add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the tomatoes and curry powder and cook for 5 minutes, before adding the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes with the lid off; then add the Ballymaloe Original Relish and enough lime juice to taste.
- Season to taste and serve with boiled rice.