Farmhouse Cheese and Herb Frittata with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: egg, dairy
Making frittata is a good way to use up any leftover cheeses. This recipe uses Ballymaloe Original Relish in the mix, but there is nothing stopping you adding some more on the side, when plating. This dish goes well with a simple green salad.
- 6 eggs
- 200ml Cream or milk (or a mixture of both)
- 1 Tablespoon Ballymaloe Original Relish
- 200g Cheese (grated or crumbled)
- 2 tsp Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tsp Chives (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- 50g Butter
- Preheat the oven to 220⁰C.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the milk or cream and season with salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly until the whites and yolks have completely blended
- Mix in the Ballymaloe Original Relish, cheese and herbs.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large over-proof frying pan.
- When the butter is foaming add the mixture to the pan.
- Scrape the cooked mixture from the outside into the centre, filling any space with liquid. Repeat 5 or 6 times all around the outside over a minute or so.
- Place the oven- proof pan in the preheated oven and cook for a further 5-7 minutes or until the mixture has just set in the centre. When it’s ready, carefully slide the frittata on to a large plate and serve warm or at room temperature.