Fiery Oat Bread
- Cooking Time: 75 mins
- Serves: 10 slices
- Allergens: gluten-free when using Certified Gluten-Free oats/ vegetarian/ contains mustard seeds
This easy to make bread elevates any poached egg breakfast. It is versatile and fiery.
This recipe is courtesy of Roberta Harrington.
- 3 cups oats plus extra for sprinkling
- Half cup ground flaxseed
- 1.5 tsp bread soda
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Ballymaloe Mayo
- 1 tbsp. Ballymaloe Fiery Relish
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 10g fresh parsely, chopped
- suitable for vegetarians
- gluten-free when using certified gluten-free oats
- contains mustard
- Preheat the oven to 190*.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a blender/ nutribullet blitz 2 cups of oats to create homemade oat flour.
- Use your largest mixing bowl and add in the oat flour, one cup of whole oats, baking powder, bread soda, salt, black pepper, ground flaxseeds, chopped parsley, stir to combine and mix through.
- In a seperate bowl whisk the eggs, then add in the Ballymaloe Mayo, Ballymaloe Fiery Relish, honey, and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet mixture, bring together quickly without over mixing. Allow this mixture to sit for 5 mins. SET A TIMER.
- Now place the mixture into the loaf tin and spread it out evenly using a spoon. Take a teaspoon of Ballymaloe Fiery Relish and spread along the top of the loaf and sprinkle over some oats and freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake for 45/50 minutes. Remove from tin and place back into the oven for a further 5/10 minutes.
- When finished baking, place on a wire rack to cool for an hour, then eat and enjoy!