Grilled Walnut Crusted Halloumi Burger with Avocado and Ballymaloe Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: nuts/ wheat/ egg/ dairy
This crusted halloumi burger is absolutely moreish. It will hit the spot every time. It has a depth of flavour with delicious layers of freshness and beautifully finished with our intensely delicious Ballymaloe Pepper Relish. Make sure to have extra to hand because once you try it you will be left wanting more.
- 225g block of Halloumi (cut in half across the equator then drained and dried in kitchen paper)
- 150g walnuts- blitzed into a crumb
- 50g plain flour- sieved and seasoned
- 1 egg beaten
- 2x brioche burger bun
- 1x beef tomato sliced
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced (toss in a little olive oil and season, toss and coat gently)
- Handful of salad leaves
- Ballymaloe Mayo
- Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Mix the walnut crumb and breadcrumbs and put on a plate.
- Put the seasoned flour on another plate and put the beaten egg on another plate.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan with a half-inch of olive oil.
- Take the dried halloumi and place it in the flour first, then the beaten egg, and finally the nutty crumb and carefully place it in the heated oil.
- Cook until rich golden on both sides.
- Have a plate with kitchen paper ready.
- When the halloumi burger is cooked, using a fish slice, remove it to the lined plate.
- Prepare the brioche bun- spread Ballymaloe Mayo on the base and Ballymaloe Pepper Relish on the lid
- Layer up- sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, walnut encrusted halloumi burger, sliced avocado, lettuce and lid.
- Serve an extra ramekin of Ballymaloe Pepper Relish with each burger, it’s so good that you are always left wanting more.