Goat’s Cheese Crostini with Parma Ham & Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot Hummus
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4-6 people
- Allergens: Dairy
This 15 minute recipe is quick, easy and very, very tasty. Our beetroot is grown, cooked and packed in East Cork and boasts a beautiful earthiness, which enhances the creaminess of the goat’s cheese and the sweetness of the Parma ham. This recipe uses St Tola Greek Style Cheese – a firm cheese made with 100% Irish goat milk, but you can use any goat’s cheese of choice.
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 240g tinned chickpeas (drained)
- 200g drained Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot
- 10 medium slices Parma ham
- 50g St Tola Greek style cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly-cracked black pepper
- Contains wheat
- Contains dairy
- Place the beetroot and the chickpeas in a food processor, along with the garlic clove. Blitz until you are happy with the consistency - it should be smooth in texture. Add the olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Slice the bread and drizzle with olive oil, then toast in the oven until crispy. Spread the hummus over the crostini, add the Parma ham and crumble your goat's cheese on top.