Irish Beetroot Hummus, Parma Ham and Goat’s Cheese Crostini
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 10
- Allergens: dairy, wheat, sulphites
Beetroot has made something of a comeback in recent years, with delicious roasted beet recipes alongside classic feta and beetroot salad combinations. If you haven’t tried beetroot hummus, you’re missing out on a rich earthy taste. Ballymaloe’s Irish Beetroot is locally grown and this crostini and beetroot hummus recipe combines it with goat’s cheese and Parma Ham. It’s a lovely mix of smooth, salty, earthy and crunchy and it’s well worth a try.
- 240g tinned chickpeas (drained)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 10 small slices of Parma ham
- 50g Greek style Irish Goat’s Cheese
- 10 slices of baguette or sourdough bread cut into similar size
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 200g Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot (drained)
- Place the beetroot and the chickpeas in a food processor, along with the clove of garlic and blitz until smooth in texture.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the bread, drizzle with olive oil, and toast in the oven until crispy.
- Spread the hummus over the crostini, layer with Parma ham and crumble some goat’s cheese on top.