Loaded Baked Sweet Potato with Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes - Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Mustard
Rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals, sweet potatoes don’t just taste delicious, they’re good for you too! This quick & easy recipe gives you some free time to enjoy while the sweet potato cooks and, trust us, the results are worth waiting for! It’s called a ‘loaded’ potato because the idea is to stuff the spud with as much filling as you can… in this instance, forget less is more – more is more! Ballymaloe Pepper Relish has a gentle touch of spice but, for those who want to turn up the heat, look no further than Ballymaloe Fiery Relish, which more than lives up to its name!
- 4 large, sweet potatoes (clean and free of soil)
- 4 large tbsp Ballymaloe Pepper Relish
- 2 tins Irish tuna in olive oil (we use Shine's)
- 1 tin sweetcorn (drained)
- 8 large gherkins (half sliced, half diced)
- 150g Cheddar (grated)
- Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Contains Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and roast in your preheated oven for an hour, or until a skewer is inserted and meets no resistance.
- Once fully cooked, remove the tray from the oven. Cut a cross into each spud and push up from each corner to expose the centre of the sweet potato.
- Stuff each potato with tuna, sweetcorn, gherkins, and lots of grated Cheddar. Pop back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Pop on to warm plates and add a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Pepper Relish or Fiery Relish to the top of each sweet potato.