Cheeseburger with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: Wheat, egg, dairy
Lightly-fry your onions before adding them to your burger mix to enhance this classic cheeseburger, while a sprinkle of fresh thyme in your patty adds some delicious depth of flavour. Add a generous dollop of Ballymaloe Original or Pepper Relish before popping the lid on with a final flourish.
- 40g minced beef
- 110g onions (chopped)
- 15g butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1 free-range egg (beaten)
- 55g flour (seasoned)
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt & freshly-ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Red onion
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the onions. Cover and sweat until soft.
- Allow to cool and then mix in a bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Cook a little of the mixture in a pan and taste to check seasoning.
- Shape into a burger and toss in seasoned flour, patting off any excess.
- Fry at a medium heat, turning until fully cooked.
- Serve on a toasted bun with cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion and a dollop of Ballymaloe Original or Pepper Relish.