Cheeseburger with Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Allergens: wheat, egg, dairy
Lightly frying onions before adding them to your burger mix, adds a lovely flavour, as does the addition of fresh thyme. Make sure to get some caramelisation on the patty when you fry it as this will enhance the taste more. For the perfect topping use Ballymaloe Original Relish.
- 15g butter
- 40g minced beef
- 110g onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1 free-range egg (beaten)
- 55g flour (seasoned)
- Olive oil for frying
- Red onion
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onions. Cover and sweat until soft.
- Allow to cool and then mix in a bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Cook a little of the mixture in a pan and taste to check seasoning.
- Shape into a burger and toss in seasoned flour, patting off any excess.
- Fry at a medium heat, turning until fully cooked.
- Serve on a toasted bun with cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion and a dollop of Ballymaloe Original Relish.