Smoked Mackerel Salad with Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Allergens: Fish, egg
The best part about this ridiculously versatile recipe, is that it can be enjoyed in a number of tasty ways: as a simple but special lunch; as a scrumptious, light supper; on a large platter for the entire family to enjoy, or simply as a summery start to your day. In fact, it’s so versatile that you can swap the mackerel for chicken, pork or beef – and still be guaranteed a delicious result. Once you include the rich taste of Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot, you’re sure of a beautiful dish regardless of the time of day – or how you choose to serve it!
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets (skin on or off and free of bones)
- 1 red onion (peeled & thinly-sliced)
- 2 free-range eggs (6-minute soft boiled eggs, cooled & peeled)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled & spiralised)
- 2 handfuls of kale (washed & drained)
- Ballymaloe Diced Irish Beetroot (drained)
- Lay out the kale on the plate, then cut the soft-boiled eggs on top.
- Add your thinly-sliced red onion, then gently break the smoked mackerel fillets over the salad and position haphazardly - rustic is best for this salad!
- Add your drained Ballymaloe Irish Beetroot dices and your spiralised carrot.