- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- Allergens: Contains wheat/ dairy
Let this dish become your weekly tradition. Compliment it with a simple green salad, crunchy garlic bread and extra shaved parmesan. Once made and served, all you have to do is sit back and enjoy as the compliments come flooding in! ps. Get someone else to do the wash-up!
- 2x 400g Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce
- 300g Tagliatelle
- 120g Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 480g minced beef
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 50g freshly grated parmesan
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 free-range egg
- Salt and Pepper
- Contains wheat
- Contains Dairy
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs, with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Remember the egg as this is what holds the meatballs together.
- Fry off a small piece to taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary, by adding more salt and pepper.
- Once you are happy with the seasoning, begin to shape them into whole walnut pieces. Repeat until finished.
- In the same frying pan heat another drizzle of olive oil and add in the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook fully.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the meat balls in batches in a little olive oil. Make sure the meatballs are brown on the outside and cooked through. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the spaghetti.
- Bring 8 pints of water to the boil in a large saucepan and add 1.5 tbsp of salt and return to the boil. Cook the spaghetti for 2 mins with the lid on. Turn off the heat and allow the spaghetti to remain in the water for 4 mins or until al dente (with a little bite).
- When ready strain off the water but always keep some back. The pasta cooking water is great to loosen cooked pasta and prevent it from sticking as it sits and also to enrich a sauce.
- Heat the Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce in a saucepan. Use some pasta cooking liquid to loosen any remaining sauce from the jar. Add in the cooked sliced mushroom. Once the sauce is bubbling add in the meatballs.
- Taste and correct seasoning if necessary, with a pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- To serve- place the freshly cooked spaghetti into a large warm serving bowl and top with the saucy meatballs then finally sprinkle over grated parmesan and freshly torn basil leaves.