Vegetarian Shepherdless Pie
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 6
- Allergens: dairy
Shepherd’s Pie is a family favourite and is comfort food at it’s best. This Shepherdless Pie is perfect for vegetarians and those who wish to reduce their meat intake. Our recipe uses Ballymaloe Original Relish in the sauce, giving an added layer of flavour to this kitchen classic.
- 30g butter
- 110g (4oz) onion (chopped)
- 30g flour
- 450ml stock or leftover gravy
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp Ballymaloe Original Relish
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp parsley (chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 450g quorn mince (or sweet potatoes and lentils)
- 450g mashed potato
- Garlic butter
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions, cover and sweat until soft. Add the flour, stir and cook until brown.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the tomato puree, Ballymaloe Original Relish, herbs, and salt & pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the quorn mince and stir well. Transfer the mixture to a pie dish.
- Cover with mashed potato and score with a fork
- Heat in a moderate oven, 180ºC/Gas Mark 4, for about 30 minutes
- Serve with some garlic butter and Ballymaloe Original Relish.